Friday 24 February 2017

Live Sound Focus Week. Day 5.

24/02/17

All members of the group were present today which helped us move along faster. At the very start of the session we set ourselves targets so that we could get certain things done by a certain time. We allowed ourselves roughly half an hour per task which seemed to work quite well as we managed to finish early. I think we all worked a lot faster today because of having these goals in place, in the end we managed to shave off an hour from yesterday which is excellent overnight progress.

I have one last lesson on Tuesday to practice doing all of this again and then the following Tuesday it is our practical assessment on this module. I'm feeling quite confident with everything now, especially the mixer and signal flow which are probably the most important things. I've tried to prioritise my understanding of these things because of that. It was helpful that I already knew how mixers work by having a simple one at home and that I have experience with mixers within DAWs like Logic and GarageBand. I'm starting to get quite excited by it, but I still feel a little nervous about the other stuff we'll have to do. For our assessment we won't just be setting up the PA system we will have to coordinate people; the bands and adjust the sound for them so it sounds perfect on stage for them and also perfect through the PA as much as possible. No pressure, but I really am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment