Thursday 2 March 2017

General Updates 101

It's been a busy week already and it will certainly be a busy month. There is absolutely no stopping this month because if I stop, I fail. I have found sometime to give myself a bit of a break this week, but I don't think its possible anymore. I need to switch to non-stop overdrive just like January to make it through March, but I knew this anyway and I've not really helped myself with my lack of essay writing. I'm currently finishing off my music business assignment that is due in next Wednesday and I'm just shy of a thousand words from finishing it. I'm, hoping that I can get it complete today, mainly because to be on target with the rest of work I really need it out of the way, plus then I can still get some feed back tomorrow possibly.

Working with the level 3, year 2's is becoming interesting. We had a bit of a slow start with forwarding ideas to me about songs, but I think we're getting there now and starting to sound like a new band. Their project is to write and perform half an hours worth of completely original music, which is quite a challenge for me too. I'm playing the drums for them and still don't have all that much experience (or at least I feel I don't feel confident enough, AS recons I've had enough time on a drum kit), I do surprise myself sometimes. We have had two practices now and today we managed to run through the whole of one song, A completely new song that I had to figure out a drum part for and I actually feel quite proud of myself.

It was nice to have a chat with A.O. today about my groups live sound assessment next week. It's made me feel a bit more confident about everything anyway regarding how he will be assessing us and knowing exactly what I don't need to be worrying about. Now, I just need to continue working on my essay so I can start his!

No comments:

Post a Comment