Tuesday 28 March 2017

CMT Performances & More...

Today was the extended deadline for our collaborative music technology performances and I think it's fair for me to say that we're all glad that it is now out of the way. I was personally stressing a little with wondering if we were going to be a man down (which we was), but Rob kindly stepped in last minute to play drums for us. I ended up returning the favor by playing guitar with his tribe because they were also missing a member. It just helped to give their piece a sense of melodic direction rather than just a rhythmically driven track. I tried to add a few harmonies in the "verse" section too, and I learnt that it is quite difficult to learn the entirety of an original piece when played on a pitched instrument within the hour, but it was certainly a good challenge.

Given that I've had two practice sessions and two performance sessions today, I'd say that they all went very well. I want to grab the videos and audio recordings from my tutor, Matt for the memories. I've never seen The Venue's stage packed so tightly with gear.Thinking about it, it was difficult to operate the foot switches I was using because of all the cables hanging around my feet. I really need to finish off my recording journal and evaluation for this Friday; preferably before. I've really not been at all focused again this week, maybe it's just the new season bedding, but I felt so tired and ill yesterday. I'm thankful that this hasn't continued through into today, that I'm managed to shake of whatever that sick feeling was yesterday and I just feel the tiredness now after the evens of today.

I'm quite irritated with myself, if I'm honest. I've put myself in that situation again where I have a lot of work to do within not a lot of time. I won't get much of a break over the Easter holidays, but that's not what's bothering me the most. I need to learn to finish work soon rather than start it and then either forget about it or off-put it until the deadline looms. I want to make a promise to myself now for next year that I will start to work like this and not put myself in these situations. I've procrastinated enough this week to forbid starting this moto now, as much as I want to I really am struggling with the motivation just because I'm tired, yet I will happily type up this blog post to try and put me in the right mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment