Friday 17 March 2017

Too Busy To Post Anything

These last few weeks have been absolutely mental, but very positive and productive too. The last time I posted was the day before my Live Sound assessment which I was worrying about. Well, the good news is that I got my grades back for that last Friday when I went to see AO about my written assignment for the same subject and he told me that I got a Distinction for set up and a Merit for everything else, desk wise. I'm quite happy with that. I really wanted to get a Distinction for both and it bothers me that I know why I didn't achieve it, just from forgetting to pan the tracks that I worked on.

I also had a gig the same night as the assessment which went really well and was quite rewarding. The gig was with the intro students I've been working with, who are considered generally to be lowest ability and its been nice to watch them progress as I have with my drumming.

I've been spending more time practicing with the lvl 3, year 2s who are working on original tracks which means I get to play my own original stuff, allowing me to explore what I would actually like to play provided it fits with the song. Considering we all have similar musical interests, minus the metal so much; it seems to work. We're a bit "Pearl Jammy" at the moment with the combination of guitar riffs the guys are punching out and the slow and heavy drums I add in. We only have one original that is full complete so far, but we have another two on the way!

I've also been doing a similar thing with the intro students new project, where they are experimenting with song writing. We have an intro, verse and chorus so far and it's sounding very good to say we have just had the two practice sessions all together.

I've just been finishing off the most part of my research proposal that really, maybe I should have handed in on Wednesday. Yesterday I just decided to completely rewrite it as I managed to find something to base it on. A part of my problem is that I hadn't done any research beforehand which was why my previous one was so lacking and bland. "You can't write a research proposal without doing any research." - NR. Life lesson of the week. That's all sent off now. It's nice to not have to worry about anything for a couple of days, until I have to focus on my literary review next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment