Monday 20 February 2017

Live Sound Focus Week. Day 1.

20/01/17

Today went pretty well to say it was a bit of a slow start having to get used to rigging up the PA all over again, but we still managed to set up fairly quickly and I surprised myself with how much I could remember. My understanding of the signal flow is still a little hazy, but I think once Andy has repeated it enough times it will be well and truly drilled into my head. The drum kit and back line were already mic'd up for us in prep for a competition happening tomorrow so all we had to do was get the levels on the mixing desk and set up the effects, compressors and gates where needed. We ended up running over by about half an hour which was needed to finish off getting the levels for the drum kit. Andy wanted us to at least get that far so we had made progress from our last session and so that we can have more practice setting up the different channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment