Tuesday 21 February 2017

21/02/17

Just witnessed an amazing thing on my way to college.

As I walked up to the double zebra crossings by the roundabout, I noticed the car approaching had it's hazard lights on and was being followed by a black Mercedes and a horse-drawn carriage transporting a coffin. I decided to stand back from the crossing so that they knew I wouldn't try to crossover and so that they could all stay together out of respect, the woman on the other side of the road did just the same. The carriage was followed by around ten silver Rolls-Royce and every driver let them stick together going over the two roundabouts, leaving them in line. Once they had all passed, everything went back to normal. I stopped the traffic and crossed over. It's things like this that make you stop and think for a moment just how precious everyone and everything is.

No comments:

Post a Comment