Thursday 23 February 2017

...What Was I Saying?

It seems I have been sought out and requested to help out with yet another college project - I actually feel quite honoured. A level 3, year 2 band decided they would like me as their drummer for their next assignment which is to write original songs and the set list needs to be about half an hour long. Of course, I've taken on the challenge even though I'm not entirely sure what they want to do yet genre-wise.

It's kind of funny because when drumming opportunities started arising at the beginning of the academic year, these guys rejected me... and the other half of their course. Now they've seen me play, I guess they have changed their minds and more comfortable with the idea of having a newbie drummer because of my general music experience? I don't know, maybe I'm making this up, but it makes sense and I've gone from three projects - Level 1, Level 3, year 1 and BA. Finishing the BA stuff yesterday, thinking that there will now only be two projects for me to worry about and now I'm back at three by working with the level 3, year 2s. I'm quite excited about this one. I can technically play what I like as long as it fits the style of music they choose to write. First practice is next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment