Tuesday 21 February 2017

Live Sound Focus Week, Day 2.

21/02/17

We set up much faster today. Unbelievably fast compared to yesterday, but again we didn't have to mic everything up which is always an advantage. At first, I was working on setting up the amps and monitor rig since that was what I've been focusing on and was told it would be best to work on what I'm already starting to get familiar with. Three of us managed to set it up within about 15 minutes while the other two fifths of our small group set up front of house, so the mixer, crossover and effects unit. It was much more fast paced today because most of what we had to do was still in our heads from yesterday.

We did have a few distractions today, with a TV crew starting to set up during the morning (our session runs 10am-1pm) and once they left, they had paused the video play back from when they recorded the live Youtube broadcast on a frame with me in it, projected on to the wall which was just funny. Both days Andy has gone over the signal flow with us and it is starting to become much clearer now, not only just the chain, but how each piece of equipment works and what it does. Also, we got a little further today and managed to get the levels for all of the back line, so the bass, guitar and keyboard. That was the first time any of us had ever done that and I thought it went quite well. Andy still had to help us out with what to find in the EQ to either boost or cut, but like I said it was only our first attempt.

Hopefully tomorrow morning we will be rotating and I will be setting up front of house, so that I can start to further my understanding of the signal flow that end by physically connecting it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment