Wednesday 19 July 2017

Temporary "Duh" Disposition

I felt like my head was in the right place at the start of this week. The temperature wasn't too hot and I made a solid start to my project, but both today and yesterday have been a struggle. I've managed to add 300 words or so today and to be fair to myself, I did go out yesterday. I was introduced to the Nottingham Library which has an impressive collection of books that I now want to get my head stuck into, but this has been one of those awkward days where I really struggle to motivate myself. I have however, tidied my room. I have much more space to move about more easily than when there was a coffee table in the way, it feels more open although I still think I need a second desk.

Despite being slightly productive, I feel like I've done nothing and sat staring at a screen with my mouth open all  day. My main problem is Facebook. I find myself endlessly scrolling, sometimes for hours with no person gain other than the odd meme, a friendly post or wholesome video. This doesn't make me want to delete my account. I have a lot of friends and contacts that I only really connect with because of Facebook interactions, groups and chats, even creating friendship links with some people in America. It really can be a fascinating site, but it's so addictive. 

For now, I'm going to get changed (I've been wearing shorts all day and it's not really been all that warm) and I'm gonna grab myself a McDonalds. I have a thing for their BBQ wraps, just like I have a thing for anything BBQ. They are better than the measly KFC ones. So much more chicken. When I get back I will try to trick myself into doing some work. Anyway, food.

No comments:

Post a Comment