Monday 5 June 2017

The Waiting Game...

I'm currently waiting for my music video project to upload to YouTube, given the file format that I typically use exported straight from iMovie (.mov), this could take a while... in fact, YouTube predicted 2 hours and 30 minutes at the start.

As much as waiting for this will feel like forever, I know for sure that these next few days are going to fly by but that does not mean that they are going to be any less valuable. Tomorrow is going to be a long day, starting with some last minute guitar recording at 9am for a friend on my course. I don't know what I'll be playing yet but, hey! It will be good experience as a session musician and nice to be back in the studio which I have isolated myself from, bidding only to use what I have at home. With most of my work now complete there's not really going to be anything for me to do in our actual course sessions tomorrow afternoon, so instead I've decided I will practice with the intro students as they will need me more in preparation for their gig in the evening. I will however need to find time to actually finalise my eportfolio and submit my work in the next couple of days. That should be easy enough.

Wednesday will equally as busy as tomorrow, only I will be able to get home a little earlier and then Thursday will see another late finish succeeding the final gig of the week with the level 3s. As much as it all seems to be a mad rush, I've been really looking forward to this week. It's going to be a challenge; to have everything ready, to have everything done. Finished, then celebrate with performances, making lots of noise on the drum kit which I'm now familiar with.

I do feel quite sad this week, that it is becoming evermore official that the first year is stamped and done with. I have already found another purpose to still be in college, however. I will be involved with the intro students music video project and will be needed for recording and possibly filming. I'm assuming I may still be practicing with the level 3s too so that we can get their original music recorded as that still needs doing - Great, prog and odd time signatures under pressure!


No comments:

Post a Comment