Friday 23 June 2017

...Is It Over Yet?

So, the first year of my course officially ended two weeks ago, but it still doesn't feel like the end. I've still being going into college most days to still give myself a bit of a routine, but the truth is I haven't really got anything to do. Wednesday was meant to be more productive than it should have been this week. I was meant to be both practicing and recording with the year 2s, but that didn't happen with one of the band members failing to appear and another disappearing in the afternoon. It is unclear whether the recording of the band will still be happening with everyone dispersing and making a break for the summer. I was also needed for a meeting, which arguably wasn't worth the effort, but Wednesday wasn't a complete waste. I did still play host to the improvisation club which is now usually just myself and Nick, but its fun and sometimes challenging to get out of the repetitive drive.

I spent Thursday sorting out the recordings from the prior club session, breaking them down into more manageable tracks and cutting out the bullshit such as a church organ rendition of ABBA "Money, Money, Money"complete with a Bach styled Fugue. For fucks sake. Mind, it is funny to listen back to, though this song continues to haunt me and I predict that it will for at least the next two years.

Today was nice. I sort of invited myself to and end of year "last supper" styled lunch with the year 2s, provided by Breadders. It was a nice feast and a good end to the year that isn't quite over yet. The will be one last Improvisation club meet up which will be treated as a rehearsal mostly (with the certainty that no one else will show) to follow on to a final short performance the following week on Thursday the 6th. The college have arranged a bit of a barbecue event to welcome all the new students, meaning I should get free food too! After that, I think that may be all for the year. Its a strange feeling. It's almost like I don't want it to end. It is unusual to have no routine and still have to discipline myself to remain vaguely productive. I don't want to waste the summer by enjoying it to much and then regret not studying when I return from having too much fun.

I will find a balance. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment