Tuesday 7 November 2017

Exciting, Stressful Times...

I have my first presentation of the year tomorrow. It is ready, I keep telling myself, but I can't stop thinking about adding extra bits and potentially over doing it. I've been in the studio again today, with guitarist Jake Marriott working on our band's EP. We were just working on guitars today and managed to get through all the tracks. We were a little pushed for time and we're probably going to spend at least another day on Jakes guitar, for the solos and doubling up the tracks.

In other exciting news, I'm starting to get pumped about rebooting The Nottingham Improvisation Club, so much so that I've started designing a vague website that other students can use. I have a new idea with this, that I'm still unsure of, that'm not going to announce yet as I still need to be in contact with the right people at college to sort it and organise it. For now, I can only wonder of the possibilities. I feel like I'm in a strong position. All the hard work from last year paid off and I feel respected, if not slightly awkward because everyone talks to me. Social anxiety gets the better of me sometimes as I experience on my first day back, but after getting in conversation with some of the level 2s, this could work.

I think I will end my night with a little GTA. I've been working myself hard today, both recording and producing in the morning, to working on assignments this evening. I stayed in the college library until 6pm today. I'm happy now I've sussed the login and they have full versions of the essentials installed again, plus my favourite: Microsoft Publisher. You have helped me make many logos my friend, including my bands and the clubs and others which were great, but refused.

Anyway, GTA!

No comments:

Post a Comment