Friday 3 November 2017

DUB Project

So, one of my fast approaching deadlines for practical work is becoming an easy target. I knew this particular project would be easy, considering what I contribute, but it feels like after yesterday we now have more structure which I seem to lead with my guitar. I brought my SY-300 in yesterday which helped make a difference. It kept the skank of the guitar, but added a synth tone, the one I selected wasn't too harsh and seemed perfect. I came up with a simple melody line which followed the bass and ended with a harmonic note with a pitch bend. When it all gets caught up in the delay it sounds fantastic, but it's very easy to lose timing over all the delayed notes if the drum track is removed, even using Logic's beat counter is difficult to find a way back.

This is quite positive to say before I had doubts about this one and now I'm quite excited by it. There are two groups and I think its fair to say we are the most prepared. The others we not in yesterday and we now have two attempts recorded, the second being far superior. Ali brought in his dub siren too, which makes some fun noises. I can't wait to perform this one now. It is mostly improvised and that is the beauty of it. The delay responses are happy accident and the music is mellow and relaxing, the perfect sort to forget about other assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment