Thursday 23 November 2017

A Tough Week

This last week and then some has been very difficult with deadlines to meet and band politics in-between. I handed in my first report for the term this morning with around 2500 word, more like just over 2000 minus quotes and referencing. I made a start on it a couple of weeks ago but didn't really hit the ground running with it until Monday. In my first entry I managed to total around 700 words and within the last week I've added approx 1800 (inc. referencing and quotes). I've been busy, but I've enjoyed it and been lavishing in feeling headstrong for the first time in months. I feel as if it helped having a stressful weekend, for things to return to the not-so-normal life of uni and just get on with it.

I keep forgetting what I'm missing though and when I remember, it hurts. I've had a lot of distractions to keep my thoughts at bay and only recently realised I must have gone without thinking about some things for at least a week. I'm getting stronger from it, but I'm not afraid of the tears. My only fear is if the tears were ever to show seemingly random whilst at college.

My band is currently held together by two fine threads with one missing; we will be looking for new members soon as things have gone a bit "tits up" as they say. It's been a good run and it's a shame. Everything felt right and now it's as if its barely anything again. At least this gives us a chance to start from the ground up, but for now we are keeping the same name and it have become more of a project all over again.

I have another deadline for next week, a presentation to prepare and a short film score to write (complete with Foley sounds which are almost all recorded) both to be handed in before the Christmas break. It's doable, certainly and I'm definitely in a good position. I'm wanting to make a start on reports that will be due in after the Holidays while I'm in the right frame of mind, but as I write this I can sense my thoughts telling me that that isn't going to happen, not at least while I have another assignment due.

The dub project was also finished today... I don't think I've mentioned this yet in my blog. I was doubtful at the very start, almost the classic "Matt's just getting us to do what he likes" but, I've come to like it and have enjoyed the group project more that I thought I ever would. I will upload the track we performed today as our submission later next year when it is clear I can do so without being told off. I'm really proud of what we've achieved and can't wait to showcase it. Who knew delay pedals (et all) could be so much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment