Friday 22 July 2016

What Am I Excited For The Most?

This is just something I asked myself earlier today and it made me think for a moment. I've got a lot of things happening over the next few months. I have an experience day, holiday and then going back to Clarendon to study. While its all exciting being able to drive a few flashy sports cars around the track and that a nice break from work is always a good thing, it's more the little aspects of getting back into education that seems to excite me the most.

I still don't really know exactly what I want to do with my chosen subject but I already feel confident that at least this time when I finish my degree I won't be stepping out into nothingness. Last time, when I finished my level 3 course I found it difficult to get a job immediately after, in fact it took me almost a year to finally get one. At least for now I can live with the comforts of still working for ASDA part time and as long as I can handle it alongside my studies I'll always feel stable. I've been trying not to rule out any other options that I could go for when I finish but, I've also thought about what I really like doing, what I know I can do and whether I enjoy doing it enough to keep as a potential job. There are three main things really: Recording, Filming and performing.


With recording, I feel like recently I've really taken crafting sounds as a passion and in the process that has made me feel more at ease with music technology. The best part by far is when I manage to complete a song but, coming very close in second would be the very start of the idea for the song or melody.

With filming, I lean more towards making music videos because that is all I know. Even though I don't have much professional equipment to do so, I always manage to 'get by' fairly successfully. I manage to tell the story I want to and I've quite selective of the various takes I usually do.

With performing, its been a while but I certainly do miss it. I feel like it is easy for me to say that it is the thing that I miss the most because the last time I performed on stage was about two years ago. I'm still hoping to play an open mic with Lara soon to get me back into it before I go back to Clarendon.


It really is hard for me to choose out of all of these three as I know they are my main skill set and I feel like the opportunities given to me at Uni might be what makes the decision for me, that or I might just choose all of them because I can. I hope that going to Uni means that I will meet some great people that share the same or similar interests as I do and I really hope that they are not all younger than me, i.e. 19 (The age I would have been if I stayed at Clarendon after my level 3 to do my degree) and I hope I get to work with a nice mixed group. At the moment, I think it is fair for me to say that I am really excited for the welcome day at the end of September and generally starting the course. I can't wait to get back into those band practice rooms and get creative again.

No comments:

Post a Comment