Monday 11 July 2016

Trying To Get Back On Track

I currently feel like these next few months are going to be a lot different from all of the rest for many reasons. I recently received my welcome pack from NCN (07/07/16) inviting me to welcome event at the Broadway Theatre. Now I have the chance to get all excited again about actually going to university... well, college again but it is the same thing. As an addition, I've been trying to eat a little better and have been going to the gym more frequently in the past week. I'm doing fairly well so far as I've lost a little bit of weight, I don't need to loose much really but I really want to be back at a weight where I feel comfortable in time for going to Uni, so that when I meet my fellow students I might have a little more confidence.

I know I'm a lot more confident than I ever was before but, I've still got a lot of work to do. It has been a while since I last performed on stage and I'm going to have to get used to it again. This weekend I will be playing an open mic with my friend Lara, who I met at NCN from my intro course. We have been back in touch and have been practicing a couple of songs. It is nice to feel like "I'm back in the game". This doesn't seem to be anything serious at the moment, just a few cover songs but, I know whichever way things go that this shall be fun!

I really want to start composing again but, I feel like I already have this endless list of tasks. With other projects on the line, its difficult to pick and chose when some are of higher priority and I just hope I've made the best decisions. I'm still meaning to buy a severn string but, I have had other expense to pay out relating to my car. At least I don't have to worry about the service or MOT now though, during my stay at Uni. It's all paid for for three years. My car had it's first MOT today, it's three years old at the end of this month and I've been driving for over two years now. I'm aware that my front tyres are starting to wear. That was the only problem that was outlined to me from the MOT today but, it's not urgent yet and I think they will fine for one more year.

No comments:

Post a Comment