Tuesday 29 November 2016

Assignments, Assignments, Assignments...

I'm sure that we are all feeling the same at the moment, by we I mean the general demographic of students that read some of my posts lately. I'm currently sat in the HE Common room working on my Sequencing plan that's due in tomorrow whilst simultaneously writing this blog entry and panicking about all of my other work that is also due in the next week and even further after Christmas! I mean, really, I probably shouldn't be writing this and I should probably just be focusing on my work, but as a student, generally it is just some kind of inability that one should to do as one should. It just doesn't happen.

I personally tend to focus for about and hour or two within the right environment, but it really does have to be the right environment. I struggle to work at home because doing assignments at home mean I have to do them in my bedroom and there are just way too many distractions in there. If it's not my Mac, it's either going to be my PS3, GameCube, N64, SNES. That's not the end of it. Then there's the handhelds, though I think you can start to understand why I fail to concentrate at home from that shortlist above, alone.

I'm feeling quite content that I've nearly finished this small piece of work (In context to some of my essays that are due in after Christmas with 2000 plus word counts). I've mostly been writing about the structure of a Dream Theater song namely, 'Take The Time". The structure of the song is all over the place in an organised manner, but probably only to someone who understands music theory to a knowledgeable level or is at least aware of the concept of ridiculous time signatures. If you're not familiar with their style of music, it is very complex, but I'd much rather focus on something like this than some shitty house track. Electronic music really doesn't phase me if you haven't guessed already. I can't wait to show Mark tomorrow and use the ol' phrase of "Matt said it was ok, so yeah." heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment