Wednesday 23 March 2016

Filming Music video No. 2, Part 1.

So, a couple of days back on Saturday was the first official day of filming for my next music video. I managed to get a few ideas down before we got started, most of which were not written down until early morning the same day. Even though I had so many ideas I didn't really know what to expect as an outcome of the day, this is the first time I've even been outside my comfort zone filming as I'm not usually in front of the lens. Most of my work with a camera if myself taking a photo of something else so this really is a big difference.

We started of brushing over all of the ideas that we had come up with and seeing if we could piece together more of a storyboard and then soon set off for the city for the first load of footage. We went to a few locations in the city but, only a few because we had already decided that we wanted to go to Wollaton Park not much later on in the day. We mostly stayed outside of Primark and around the Market Square.

When we got to Wollaton Hall we tried to record some friendship activities but, tried to keep it minimal. I remember cutting my finger in the process and getting blood all over my jeans. By the end of the day (well, from 12pm to about 5pm) we managed to film a good 40 minuets of footage at least, it's almost quite upsetting that we most definitely won't be using all of it or that we will but, it will be chopped up or sped up. I can't wait to move along to the editing process but, we still have a lot more things to film before we make a start on that. I for one need to film some instrument parts and some sunrises/reverse sunsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment