Wednesday 4 June 2014

These Months Fly By...

Unsurprisingly it has been a while since I have wrote. I have been extremely busy of late and have many highlights to mention that have gone and PASSED. I may as well go ahead and say it. On 1st of April 2014 (this sounds like a good first line of a joke) I passed my driving theory, following that on the 20th of May 2014 I also managed to pass my practical driving test! Both for the first time. It's good to be able to get about more easily now and I am so proud that I passed both first time around. It doesn't even feel like I had been learning for the last 4 months, it really has flown by!!

In other news, The Prince's Trust Team Programme that I am involved with is in it's 10th week and not too far from being over. Most of the paperwork is out of the way, today as well as tomorrow is going to consist of bag packing in Heanor Tesco to raise some extra money for out Team Challenges next week, though todays collection went towards Diabetes UK. I'm not sure how much we raised today but, the donations so far have been very generous and I'm hoping that we manage to raise even more tomorrow! All of our Team Challenges have been planned and we know exactly what we are doing throughout the week, though I don't want to list them right at this minute. The week after next we have the last load of paperwork to look forward to, that and our final presentation. I'm hoping to produce a song especially for my team but, I want my team mates to help me do so otherwise it seems a little pointless and in some way contradicting or ironic. I know that some of them are interested, I think the underlining problem is that this is something that will be 'out of hours' which could prove to make things more complicated as people have their own commitments to attend.

I managed to get a rough draft of the first verse recorded and even got to show it to my Team Leader today, I'm not totally sure how impressed she was but, she called me talented. It's funny because I don;t see what I do as a talent and never really have. I have learnt most of my trade in the music world, studying countless hours of music theory and memorizing scales and functional chord progressions. I don't find it an insult but, I don't find it an honor either in fact I never really know how to deal with compliments like that. I guess I usually just shrug them off like I did today, blush a little and go back to my usual quiet self.

I'm not entirely sure where this post is leading anymore, it is quite late as it is 23:08 and I can't quite tell if I am just debating with myself or just rambling on. I should probably go to bed now as I have to drive tomorrow. I guess this is a conclusion. Good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment