Sunday 8 June 2014

An End To Another Era...

Over the last couple of days I have been battling it out in an attempt to remain in my own my band, the only issue being that I had done nothing wrong. This was a band that I put all of my effort in when it came to the musicality, I wouldn't let one song get past me without sounding half decent. According to our vocalist my main flaw was that I didn't care to attend many gigs, by gigs what was meant was open mics. Now I'm no expert but open mics are NOT gigs but are 15 minuet session windows for locals to play for free to share their music. I understood that it was important to share our music with others but, not at the same three open mics every week, of every month, of every year. This cause much controversy (I lied) over Facebook when I let all of my friends know about the situation and the general public too. I thought it the right thing to do because otherwise I would have suffered whining to myself as no one would talk to me properly out of the band apart from our drummer who appeared to have no say over anything.

I wasn't quiet expecting the large response I received. It made me feel a lot better knowing that I had many friends behind me; backing me up though, it didn't take very long for true opinions to fly out of peoples mouths as more of my friends joined in on the outrage. Personally, I don't blame them and it's not like I should take responsibility for what they have said.

In a way, I am happy that the band has come to an end. In reality, the band Zebra Crossing was never really going anywhere because the main priory was always open mics, not gigs just open mics. All of the open mics were probably even considered more important than practice! An example being when we first got a new drummer we practiced once and the played three open mics, so sorting priorities makes another issue. The good news is that to compensate myself, I took a hold of the official band page. I am now one of the few admins of that page, including my friend Thomas who feels a similar way to me right now in regards to the people involved. Admittedly, we may have took things a little to far by editing up an image and posting it as the pages cover photo, we also changed the logo name to "Zebra Crossed". All in the aid of humiliation.


What makes me feel a lot better is that David rung me last night to apologize for everything. I still haven't heard from Lucy but, I'm not too bothered anymore as I get the message. I'm convinced their was a personal issue but, that's up to her. Apparently, I'm "boring" too. Oh, that really explains why I was one of the more interesting band members.

For anyone who wants to see what the old original page looks like it will still be left up and can be found here.

Honestly, thank you for everyone that got involved for all of your support. Hopefully, I will have another band up and running shortly under a new name and this will go much further. I have some musicians in mind that need popping so maybe, just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment