Monday 7 November 2022

RIP Aaron Carter

 I was in shock when I heard the news but then if I'm honest with myself, almost immediately not surprised. I remember checking up on what he work he had done more recently and not really being impressed. It's sad really. I used to listen to his early music as a teen on a daily basis. It would play on my mp4 player on the way to school and later college. More recently, I found that mp4 player - it's a Sony Walkman something-or-other and it still holds charge really well and works brilliantly. Which means I found myself listening to these songs again. I still knew the words. They hadn't fell out of my head all these years later. It's a shame no one could help him out of habits and push him back in the right direction. 

I listened to some of his brothers music too. Was never big on The Backstreet Boys but some of Nicks solo stuff was great. I think it's important to note that I discovered these artists in a different time - before streaming was a thing and illegal downloading and torrenting was in. I did own an Aaron Carter CD eventually but I bought it from a Music Magpie outlet - Can't remember the name of the store any more but I used to love it. For CDs, it was like Cex on steriods. Some crazy offers on bulk stock, some priced at 99p, multi-buy offers like 3 for £5 or £1.99 each. I miss that. I can't remember how much I would have paid for Aarons CD but it wouldn't have been much and he wouldn't have received a penny for it with it being resold on stock/pre-owned.

Hopefully he's in a better place now, away from his demons. Somewhere that he's cashed out his NFTs and just spending unlimited money with no troubles. That seemed to be how he liked to live his life in recent years. So young too. RIP Aaron Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment