Tuesday 27 September 2022

Wonder

 I saw an advert today that reminded me of the plans that I was starting to form pre-pandemic. It was an advert for flights to Norway. I can't remember if thats exactly where I was thinking of travelling - I do however remember it being to see a gig. It's feels a bit strange thinking back to this now, how everything was seemingly cancelled all at once. I hope I never have to encounter a year like the ones with national and regional lockdowns ever again. Not that it's completely over now, Covid is still around but no one wants to talk about it anymore.

I've not been very focused lately, bar a couple of productive days. I had JEM over in the studio the other day and we've been working on a few tracks again. Other than that, I've been thinking a lot about my funk project. I always fear sharing the name of the project in case the name gets pinched (I think it's quite a good one that can lead to some interesting themes that suit) I downloaded an app called wonder, unfortunately it's one of those awful subscription apps (I really hate subscription models in apps) but it did offer a free trial which I made full use of for 3 days. The app creates artwork using AI and I've had some interesting results stemming off the themes of my project. I've saved so many to my phone and will most likely use some as album art, whether I combine a few. I've also thought of sending some over to my cousin as an idea to improve on. To give you an idea, most of these images consist of strange looking iguanas or lizards and tropical holiday vibes. I found the app really impressive. There's an option to buy the app without subscription but even at nearly £40 I'm not sure its worth it. I think I'd rather dip in a fiver for a week when I need some art inspiration on the fly.


Kill The Moon have a gig this weekend which means we'll be rehearing this week too. This Saturday we're playing a full show at The Gate Inn at Kimberley. It will be the fist gig that I provide my new PA (new to me) made up of a couple of cheap disco speakers and a four channel amp donated by a friend which I could do with tweaking (there's something stuck in the aux input that I need to remove at some point) I'm wanting to set it all up again beforehand to test it out since I've not connected it all up since June when I first got it. I also want to try it with my Soundcraft too so I know I'll potentially have a back up system. This all stuff I'll need to do tomorrow ideally so I'll know if I need anything else which is unlikely but then at least I've still got a few days.

I've still got a lot of stuff to be rid off too and my mum and dad have brought much more stuff back from the caravan that's now sold on. The Campervan is here and has taken my parking spot. It's most likely not going to move very much. It's a little harder for me to load now and I have to pull forward a little to make it easier. I guess ultimately I'll see what it's like on Saturday when I'm all loaded up. I'm really looking forward to this gig, hopefully it will be a busy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment