Tuesday 25 September 2018

First Lecture

This made me realise just how much work I have to do to make this happen. I find Micheal quite easy to listen to as he's a really good speaker. He spent 20 minutes just on the first slide, which I think is great. He did say thats probably covered everything but he'll run though the rest anyway. I don't think he planned on keeping us for the full 2 hours. I got some new ideas out of his lecture anyway which should benefit my project which runs through the academic year.

I have 24 weeks or so to produce something (an album most likely) and less than two weeks to set that path and submit my proposal. This has rattled my head a little since I have so many ideas and I need to choose the best that is also realistic.

I would love to fully enable the rhythmic delights of Iguana Palava and create some really interesting stuff but can't do it on my own. Realistically, material would have to be written before Christmas, ready to go into the studio for the new year and I'm just not sure I can manage that. I'd like to hope so but this first lecture was also an eye opener for how difficult mixing in with 3rd year students that have already settled is going to be. I spoke to maybe one of them yesterday in agreement that my timetable is also not fully functional and thats all I got.

I'm gonna have to be more assertive in the coming days, getting to know everyone or I have a feeling I'll be more reliant on outsiders than ever or basically just myself, but that isn't what University is about. I should be mixing in. Making new contacts and fully utilising them. I'm a bit disappointed in myself actually. I know I'm quiet at first and I know it's hard but I need to break this barrier now and just say stuff. Anything. I can't go back to being a mute now, not when it matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment