Monday 18 June 2018

SPAIN TOUR 2018

In short, Spain was amazing. What an incredible experience. If I'm honest, I wasn't really sure what I was going for in the beginning as I was asked a little last minute but, I was on the mixing desk a fair bit, sharing the role with other tech students, otherwise getting drunk (...What?) I'll walk you through the days.


Tuesday

So, First flight to Alicante followed by a  night out in an Irish Bar immediately after getting settled in the villas.


Wednesday - Maggies

We had trouble getting to our first gig due to an issue with Taxis not showing up on time or even in the right place so we didn't have much time to set up once we had arrived and because of this the stage wasnt very well thought out. We had an electric drum kit to build which ended up in the centre of the small stage which didn't leave room for much else.

Totally lost most of my pedals that I supplied that night but I wasn't fazed.


Thursday - The Stray Sod (Acoustic)

The second gig was one of the best for me since one, I was actually doing something on the desk and two, everyone really got into it. We walked it to this one from our Villas. My highlight from this one was when Emanuel made a shaker out of his drinks and me are Mori called him up on stage. Also, there was a house band playing inside after us called The Cages.


Friday 3 - Maggies

The second appearance at Maggie's sounded much better since we got there much earlier with the help of a mini bus service. I did some live sound for this one too and turned Dan down too much. Too funny. It's all experience!


Saturday - The Stray Sod

Final gig of the tour. I did a lot of live sound that night and recorded some great videos of The Alphas performing and Harry's guitar solo.


Sunday

Shopping and Celebratory Drinks in the evening. (big kids were allowed to stay out into the small hours)

Monday - Flight home


Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment