Friday 8 June 2018

Catch Up Post: HND Final Weeks

I've been absolutely rubbish when it comes to keeping up with this blog, probably mostly to do with my new found party lifestyle that seems to have arrived more later than it should (as a student... hmmm) combined with the fact that I've been busy, so I wan't to use this post to sum up the last moments of my course.

The last month was a bit of a stress.  I didn't have much left to do really, but it didn't help that my Mac Mini's HDD decided to fail so I had no choice but to wipe it. Thankfully I didn't lose any of my work as it was all on my USB Stick, but then even that decided to fuck up and I had to format that too. Thankfully, that was just after I had sorted out my Mac, reinstalled the iOS and managed to still pull everything from it even though something wasn't quite right. Mayhem. At the worst time as well, when everything is due in! All of this delayed me in finishing my work that I needed to submit within days. Since I had wiped the HDD, I had to reinstall Logic and all of it's instruments and sounds since I was using some for my project so it was essential that I got them all back. On top of all this, we wasn't even fully aware that we also had to master all of our tracks for our final submission so everyone missed that deadline. Like seriously, everyone. Even me, Miss. Perfect Student ngl.

I managed it in the end and thankfully our tutor gave us an extension since he had actually given us a fair bit more work to do with little notice because of some dickhead external examiner. Ugh, that dude seemed nice too then he just hits us with a shed load of work that barely covers a unit. Prick. My tutor basically said I've pretty much wrote a dissertation just so he could tick one box, which ok yeah thats cool and reassuring that I can pull off that sort of workload in a short space of time but Jesus, where's the complains department for Pearsons at?


No comments:

Post a Comment