Tuesday 3 October 2017

Through The Worst Of It

Although, I fear that I can't mention what it is that is truly troubling me, I do believe that I'm though the worst of it now. This last month has been difficult, but things are starting to take shape again as I start my second year. Enrolment was short and sweet. I filled out my forms with a DCSU pen, which I didn't realise until the end. The painful irony was enough to tickle me, making my tutor give me strange looks as I giggled away.  I bumped into Zanna, our HE Engagement & Employability Officer and reminded me of the responsibilities I had picked up last year as a rep. I had thought of ditching them through anger, but maybe after all it is best if I grit my teeth and stay on the team. With my course, it's not like there are many of us to represent. There were a couple missing at enrolment and our course has again gotten smaller. I believe there are severn of us this year. I'm interested to meet the new students and see the numbers for their courses.

Popers, not buttons...
In other news, I brought my first waistcoat yesterday. It seems to go well with my worn-navy jacket, tried with an autumnal blouse I bough last year. It is tanned leather and warm to wear out at this time of year. I fear that I may by more. I just need some posh shoes now.

Also, the band is doing well. We are up to our third gig now and have a couple more booked in for the rest of the year. For our last gig we played at The Maze with Talking to Frank, Super Furniture and Scott Bugg & The Vital Few. We are still at a stage where we don't particularly earn anything, but with the effort we have all put it hopefully it won't be long until that starts. I'm hoping to arrange some studio time at college for us soon, but I guess I need to get back into routine first although I'm hoping to pop the question this Thursday. We are more than ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment