Saturday 20 February 2016

RECORD FIRST ORIGINAL MUSIC VIDEO, CHECK.

Again, it has been a long day recording both music and film. This morning until early afternoon, I have been recording the last few little parts for my new song, "I Don't Care". There were only two things that needed recording and that was the guitar solo and the bass. I am very happy with how they turned out after the mixing process. The guitar solo is very distinct and I feel like it is the also the right sound for me like, what you would expect me to play but with a bit of a surprise. The bass adds a sense of completeness the overall sound of the track.

I used my pair of WeSE headphones for the mixing to make sure that I had everything panned exactly where I wanted it and that the levels were spot on. It didn't take long for the track to be ready, it must have only taken me two or three hours to get everything perfect and ready for the video.

I had already recorded most of the footage I decided to use yesterday and some even further back than then. The ones from yesterday were shots of me playing my guitar and of myself singing, the others were from a couple of weeks ago when I went out with my skateboard, camera and tripod. Daring, though to be honest I did only take with me a camera that I brought for £1.99 out of a charity shop and to my amazement the damn thing works! It's a shame about the battery (I have to use an external battery for it work... pros and cons, eh?)

I still needed to record a few other little bits like , more guitar playing and a bit of acting out. By the time I was filming this, I had already mashed the other bits into half a video and I just needed more ideas. That's where the acting came in. I don't want to spoil it too much before the release on Monday but, it involved make up and applying it. Not all of it but, yes. Make up. It's not really something I wear a lot but, I do like to occasionally.

The music video was officially finished at 22:23pm. I'm so amazed with myself that I've been able to pull this off again. The last time I made a music video I was using a shitty windows laptop and windows movie maker. I will never go back to those days again!

HOORAY, FOR THE NEW MUSIC VID. WOOP, WOOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment