Thursday 12 March 2015

Best Welcome

Today was the start of my best welcome with Asda. I only have one more day left of this and then it is onto training. This whole day has gone rather fast with a lot of things covered, some more general areas than others. As most of our training with be at the Long Eaton Superstore, I was also given a full tour around including all of the 'backstage' sort of areas. It's been a very interesting day and of course very eye opening to see all of the hard work that goes into running the store itself.

All being well, I should be starting my training there on Monday. Admittedly, I am a little nervous about it. The thought hit me today. I am used to working at a petrol station with a small shop, I'm not sure I'm going to know where to start working on the shop floor. I understand most things are still the same just the Asda way and that there will be more work to do. In short I am a little worried but, I'm hoping that I will just settle in nicely after the first couple of days. I will only be working at the Long Eaton store for a couple of months so it won't be worth getting to comfortable but, that doesn't mean that I can't try to make some new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment