Wednesday 16 October 2013

A Mid October Moan

Well, again it has been a while since I last posted. Time has been going by so fast recently it's starting to become difficult to keep on track. My last month has mostly consisted of job searching and all things associated and such, that and practicing with my band Zebra Crossing. We've played at a couple of open mic nights now but, we are wanting to build up our set list now. We're still not even completely sure what genre we are but, we're content with what we do and that is all that matters.

More recently, in fact last Sunday we started working on a new song which we managed to finish yesterday in our practice session. We haven't recorded it yet in anyway but, I do think it needs a little bit of 'tidying up' first. It's early days! We usually video parts of our practice and put them on YouTube. We've had a couple of views and likes. It's really nice to get feedback.

Not too long, ago we sent around a link to video of ourselves performing live at The Guitar Bar in Nottingham. That video at current has just reached 15 likes, 345 views and it's still live and counting. Check out the video here!

CLICK-HERE>Zebra Crossing - Chocolate (Cover)<CLICK-HERE

Lucy, our singer recently brought into some post cards for us to pass around for promotion. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with mine yet but, I'll think of something.

Check out our Facebook page!

CLICK-HERE>Zebra Crossing<CLICK-HERE

In other news, my job searching isn't going to well but I have some possible work experience on the line as an Assistant Theatre Technician. It sounds interesting and I am looking forward to it. I've been told there is a lot of traveling and 'time in the van' involved but, also that travel is provided.

In other news, the Ilkeston Charter Fair starts today and as if by chance it is raining! Every year, it rains for the fair so it's not exactly unbelievable. *sighs* No doubt, I will go this year. If the weather is miserable or not, it's almost tradition. Besides, it really is the only time of the year when Ilkeston is busier than out neighboring cities Derby or Nottingham. It's not far off a ghost town now, it's already been ripped on national television by being compared to a better town. Still, I will continue to listen to The Piano Guys and mull it over in deep thought.

Till the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment