Saturday 20 August 2022

And Just Like That, It's August Already...

I've been extremely lax on writing blog posts this year, I realise this whist reading my last post from January. I usually only leave it a few weeks or a couple of months max but I've not even really thought about it this year even though I still have plenty to talk about.

Kill the Moon is still actively gigging at the very least, monthly or sometimes even fortnightly. Our last gig at The Flowerpot, Derby on a rocking Saturday night was certainly our best yet. Expenses paid and we even managed to shift our CDs curtesy of Dan's smooth selling skills. We opened up for a band called Metal Fatigue, it was honestly such a fantastic night. Ended up being a late one mind. We're meant to be working on recording remotely over the next few weeks or so. We managed to record one "Between The Lines" earlier this year (honestly could have been last year, I don't remember anymore) but I'm still a bit unhappy with it. I need to make a start construction more guide drum and bass tracks so we can make more progress on some of our other songs, starting with the newer ones.

I've had a major sort out and donated a lot of old clothes to charity, you wouldn't believe it though as my room is still filled with all sorts of junk. I've already convinced myself that I'll need to turn it over again. So much stuff I just don't need yet still hold onto and seasonal clothes I need to learn to rotate. We've had a few crazy hot days this summer, one reaching 37 degrees in my area and I can certainly say that I'm already ready for the hoodie and wind-cheater months. Not Christmas though, I've already seen some chocolates in the shops and it's enough to make me feel sick.

West Park in Long Eaton is becoming a new favourite destination as I try to "be good." Free parking then a pleasant walk into the town. It's usually where I aim for if I can't be bothered with the cities. If I got to Derby or Nottingham I only end up spending too much anyway as I learnt the last couple of times, telling myself that I should only spend a tenner, then coming home £100 later... Always worth it when Superdry has a sale though, I can't resist. I found some linen trousers (that are very comfy) and a new sports jacket. Honestly can't remember what else I came home with, a new game probably, a small storage unit. Who knows...

I've been thinking while I've been out today, about what music I want to release personally. Originally, I wanted to release my work chronologically - in the order it was first written. I couldn't help but think I should be releasing when I believe is my best work first. Two Fingers. A song I wrote whilst at Derby Uni about anxiety, bullies and wanting to fit in. It certainly has the most powerful meaning behind it, followed by Disappointment. I wouldn't want "Disappointment" to be a B side to it though, they're too powerful together. My Auntie likes my song "Secret" but it would need redoing but suit the tone more so maybe that could work. It's still all ideas in my head. No dates but I'm so ready to push stuff out. I make myself so frustrated that I've off put it for so long, when some of these tracks have been solid for a decade now.

Hmmm... both tracks would still need work regardless, and then theres the artwork to consider. I bought myself some new pens to drive experimenting for art, I used to be creative in that way more when I was in school than anything. I want to have a go anyway and if that fails then most likely past it on to my cousins who are both much more skilled than me in that department (I should note; I was going to use the word talented but it truly is a skill) Caroline has sorted me artwork for the band before - the Book Of Nothing single artwork and it looks gorgeous.

I'm probably going off on one today but like I said there's a lot of gaps to fill in. My short term memory is awful these days so I like to keep track. My brain is better at storing all Potterhead info rather than anything that could be useful. I'm working on it though and still try to keep a dairy. I'll probably wind up doing this more often now as I'm trying to save pennies again. I've been doing ok this year on that front but not hit my target yet and with the way I've been spending lately it won't happen unless I have a few nights in treasuring what I already have. I'm sure I could rewatch all the Harry Potter films another time, I'm watching Chamber of Secrets now.


I promise I'll post more from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment