Thursday 31 January 2019

First Full Day Of The Spring Semester

Ok, so I've reached a point where I really need to sort my life out. I feel like I've wasted this month and could have done so much more with it but instead I've been lazy and slept in most days. It's only just occurred to me that the end of the month is now and I'm starting to feel like I'm running out of time, with my Uni stuff. I mean, I still have 3 solid months left and the most of May for one or two modules but it's starting to feel like I'm cutting it rather fine to get the grading I'm after. I've got a taste for earning a first and I want more. I got my grades back officially last night and turns out I got 75% for my Recording Project and 64% for my Research project so, I just need to keep that up. On top of that, I really need to get on with recording at home. I'be been borrowing an AKG C414 to use at home but I just haven't been motivated enough to actually do anything with it this time. Last week was fairly unproductive two but I got a decent amount down the week before.

I was really early this morning because I thought it was a 9am start, turns out it was 11am and I had completely forgot and probably not even read the email that Phil had sent out because the info didn't even register. This is why I need to be more focused, although the early get up was a good workout in itself. I used my error as an excuse to get a Maccies breakfast and then take a few photos of the layering of frost around. A lot of Derby was still white when I got there and there was a thick fog as I drove into the city.

I'm feeling a little more positive after a couple of lectures at Uni today and being put into a band for my Live Performance module. Looks like I will be playing a mix of guitar and bass for this project so I'm pretty happy with that and I'm happy with who I'm working with two. We're all pretty easy going about song choices and seem to get on really well. I felt quite welcome going back today actually, I rather shortly caught up with a few students that I worked or crossed paths with last year and now I'm working with some of them again. I feel somewhat inspired from John's lecture today, even if it did drag on a little, but I've gain new options and ideas for my coursework from it. On reflection, I probably shouldn't be writing for this personal blog and rather should be writing the on that goes hand-in-hand with my some of my coursework.

I'm going to make a move now, since I've done most other things I wanted to do. Time to get some more recording done for this album project! Even if it is just a couple of guitar tracks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment