Tuesday 10 April 2018

Easter Half-Term

Last week was quite strange. I knew I had tonnes of work to be getting on with but day by day decided to completely avoid it. The old, "I'll do it later" job followed by, "I'll just do it tomorrow." and then, "I'll just do it next week." There were a few events I should make note of. I had my first double date on Thursday evening with Aaron, my friend Chantelle and her fiancé Kyal. We went to Nandos and few were quite shocked that this was my first experience. However, I'm still not sure if I was really that impressed. The evening was nice but the food wasn't as good as I thought. It didn't help that I had already eaten a little too much before going out so I was practically force feeding myself, it was nice but not amazing. My favourite part was the paprika sprinkled chips. We went to McDonalds after for a McFlurry. On the Saturday, I was actually social and went to a party with Aaron after work and met a few of his friends. My parents were out at the caravan so I stayed over at his that night. I didn't last long at the party from coming over from work. I still feel a bit bad for making him come away from it all fairly early but we still had a nice night.

This week has been much more productive and I've still managed to get it many hours playing games I've played all too many time. I've figured it's all about balance. I've managed to further progress my video by almost five minutes over the last couple of days (which for me is quite impressive after last weeks struggle) but I've certainly reached a point where I can't wait for this particular project to be over. I'm just sick of it now. It's weird because I like making music videos and made a few since as early as 2013. It's like I feel like because it's not 100% related to music, it's niggling me as being part of the course. Oh, well... there is only one more smaller project after this and that should be a little more fun recording samples of random things (with a theme obviously) to make a track. I'm looking forward to that one at least, but i just need to get this lump of shite out of the way first.

In other news, I'm gaining weight rapidly. I think I've put on around a stone over the holidays (it is Easter, so the chocolate has been about in larger quantities) I need to be a little more careful now and think about my "summer body" for when the Spain thing happens. Not that I'll be walking around with much on, but I certainly won't be comfortable with my current amount of flab. I've even brought some fruit. There will be gym sessions and I will cut down on the a sweet stuff. I think I do have an addiction though, still at least I don't smoke. It's hard to get to the gym at the minute without thinking about my workload, hopefully I can find some time next week once I've made some more progress as it is looking more likely that I may reach my goal of around 10 minutes video footage complete by this Friday. It's a big ask, but it's certainly possible and if I achieve this it will certainly give me a little more freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment