Monday 5 December 2016

The December Mood

It's always around this time of the year that I become a lot more emotionally sensitive, I think it is mostly the harsh cold and the fact that Christmas is again fast approaching, but I can feel that the extra stress included this year with all of the assignments that I have been set isn't helping. I generally like Christmas, I'm not in anyway a Scrooge or cheapskate. I like to treat my friends and make them more than aware that I am thankful for them and their loyalty. I haven't sorted a lot of presents out yet though, I still have a lot of people to buy for; even family, but there really is something about December that just sets me off.

I'm not strictly religious, although I was raised Christian forcefully through singing school hymns in assemblies, that and I do follow a popular group of musical mormon dads on YouTube with an open mind, but I'm almost convinced it's like a some kind of spirit has entered me. It sounds cheesy I know, but that's the best way that I can describe it. It makes me feel so pure, kind and at times broken then whole. It makes me want to just burst out in tears and cry like a baby. I don't know if this is just an outburst of some kind or what, but I have noticed over the last couple of years that I really have warmed up to the idea of Christmas. I've always loved it, I'm just too emotional.

I manage to stay positive usually by being surrounded by family and friends, although that has become more difficult with the amount of time I'm at Uni. I've spent a fair amount of time with my cousins recently. We had a gaming tournament which we decided to name, 'Super Smash Birthday Bash'. The game Super Smash Bros. Melee had not long hit its 15th birthday, this is just how we celebrated it. We used to play it a lot when we were all younger and the game had not long been released. It was a fun night! Plus, I won.

No comments:

Post a Comment