Tuesday 26 February 2013

The Next Step

So today hasn't entirely gone as planned. I was going to do a ridiculous amount of recording today after composing and working on new songs. It seems that that never happened though, I did do a bit of singing if that counts. I like to convince myself that I'm not lazy but, sometimes its an easy contradiction. 

I have been working on lots of various things recently, not quite enough to lose track of yet. I have an acoustic project that has technically been in the making for the last three years with songs coming on nicely, nothing to technical. With this I also have solo working of my own that I'm working on in my own time. I usually make a drum track first and then record live instruments like my guitar or keyboard over the top. Layering seems the best method for me as I only have a two-track-mixer. It's manufactured by SoundCraft which I find to be a very good make, it's called the 'Compact4'. It's beautiful because it does everything I need it to do plus, it's not too tacky.

The most recent track I've popped out of this beauty is a work in progress however, I still find it quite addictive to listen too. It's something about those guitar harmonies! 

Here in a link to the track on Soundcloud:

I suppose the next step is to simply keep at it. I need to keep producing more of my own work, it keeps me motivated!!


No comments:

Post a Comment